OptiMateTM lithium, the first OptiMate to protect your LiFePO4 battery in a way no other charger did before! The new OptiMate lithium will protect your investment and guarantee your Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4 / LFP) battery will perform as advertised for a very long time.
How it works:
1. Pre-qualification test: OptiMate Lithium displays the condition of the battery before charging and measures environment temperature. The ampmaticTMcharge program is selected according to temperature and battery condition.
2. Low Volts recovery: The safeTo protection mode controls charging during this sensitive battery SAVE stage, to ensure that an over discharged battery will be correctly and safely recovered. Tests are conducted through-out the SAVE program to determine if the battery has successfully recovered and can advance to BULK CHARGE.
3. Bulk charge: the ampmaticTM processor actively adjusts charge current to match battery capacity and condition, achieving a complete charge in the shortest time. Progress is tracked against the ideal charge curve for LiFePO4 batteries.
4. Short-circuited / dead cell check: Charge progress is tracked against the ideal LiFePO4 charge curve, internal damage will be detected and unnecessary charging is prevented of a battery that cannot be recovered.
5. Absorption and equalisation: for 10 minutes the current is delivered in pulses with voltage controlled between 14,0 and 14,3V, aiding cell voltage equalisation and improving the battery's overall power delivery.
6. Charge verification: the voltage is limited at 13,6V while the ampmaticTM processor monitors the current absorbed by the battery. If this reveals a less than optimal charge, the program reverts to absorption for a further 10 minutes.
7. Voltage retention test: is conducted for 30 minutes during which no charge current is delivered, with 5 possible test results indicating the battery's general state of health. A green (voltage > 12,7V) result extends the test up to 12 hours, to check for excessive self discharge or higher than expected power loss through the vehicle’s electrical system.
8. Charge maintenance: The 12 hour MAINTENANCE CHARGE CYCLE consists of 30 minute float charge periods at a voltage of 13,6V followed by and alternating with a 30 minute ‘rest’ (no charge current) periods. During the float charge period current is delivered only if the battery has lost charge due to connected vehicle circuitry. A refresh cycle may be performed if the charge level has dropped significantly.
The voltage retention test and maintenance charge cycle will repeat 24 hours after the start of the very first test and continue to repeat for as long as the charger remains connected.
The alternating charge and ‘rest’ maintenance program protects the battery against over discharge by connected vehicle circuitry, making it ideal for indefinite and 100% safe long term maintenance charging.
We recommend use of the appropriate super B charger to charge super B batteries. Do not use a lead-acid charger, as these chargers are optimized for a different battery technology and make use of methods for charging and safeguarding which are unsuitable for super B batteries.
|Dimensions||199 x 71 x 61mm|
|Included in the Box|
|Kit Contents||1 x Charger
1 x Operating Instructions
Fill in your details below to sign up to our newsletter, you can unsubscribe anytime
Please click the confirmation link in the e-mail sent to you.
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you the next working day.
We will be in touch within one working day.